The Career Advisory Network is a program that connects CSF scholar alumni with industry leaders, influencers and other business professionals in the Boston area. CAN Mentors will serve as advisors and assist with career development.
- Career information, insight and advice
- Resume review
- Networking opportunities and personal referrals
- Job-seeking strategies
This program is a great opportunity to educate and support CSF scholar alumni about to embark on their careers.
Mentors agree to…
- Provide one-time career conversations to long-term mentoring relationships.
- Volunteer to serve as a point of contact for other alumni and students for advice, networking, mentoring, and/or for experiential learning opportunities like informational interviews or job-shadowing
- Serve as a “warm-call” instead of the dreaded cold-call!
Alumni seeking Mentoring
If you are seeking a mentor and would like to get involved in CSF’s CAN program, click here to see our list of professionals who are willing to provide mentoring and career assistance to fellow alumni. Once you have decided to contact one of CSF’s CAN Mentors, please contact Jackie Garvey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will provide an e-introduction. When contacting a mentor be respectful and identify yourself as an alumnus/a. Also, be prepared in your knowledge of the advisor’s career field and business. Do your research! Remember that this is not a job application, or to set up an interview, it is simply mentoring in a field that is passionate to you, and to gain an insight and advice on a career.